15 October 2009

Scotland Redux

I visited Scotland twice on my trip. The first time around I met Steve and that is why there was a second visit to Scotland at the end of the trip. I forgot to bring my camera on our adventures almost every single day, so I have, for example, no pictures of the terrible, terrible, narrow bridge we had to cross to visit Steve's ancestral home. And I have no pictures of New Lanark (the first project of Robert Owen, whose second utopian mill society, New Harmony, I visited in Indiana; New Harmony does not include a Disney-esque ride through the utopian mill society experience, narrated by a ghost, though) or the House of Dun or Dunkeld Cathedral or most of the places we went.

I do have
The Den
The Den is an old, pagany site in Dunino. This is a pool and a hollowed out footprint that were likely used for ancient coronation ceremonies or, depending on who you believe, human sacrifices.

And Seaton Cliffs
I took this picture before I realized that we weren't to the really picturesque part yet and then I didn't pull my camera back out when we did reach the prettiest parts--cliffs and caves on the North Sea.

And the Hermitage
Steve at the Hermitage. This area of Scotland looks like Tennessee.

6 comments:

Annie M. said...

OK, wait a minute... so you really weren't kidding about meeting a boyfriend? Juice my dear, I need some juice. You have an FSL... FOREIGN Secret LOVER!

ldsjaneite said...

It is beautiful there.

Moo said...

Thanks for the photo! It satisfied my curiosity.

Breanne said...

Woo! He is real! hehe

Danette said...

Wow, a trip is awesome, but finding a cool guy on your travels, doubly awesome!

MBC said...

Danette--True. We both probably would have preferred it if we'd met closer to the end of the trip, though, instead of right in the middle when I had to go running off to Greece.