11 July 2009

I Miss the Italians

We´re in Austria and after traveling in boisterous Italy, Innsbruck is a bit dull. Italy always felt like a party and we never had enough time to see and do (and eat) everything we wanted. I´m glad Kirsten and I are coming back.


We drove through the Dolomites in the morning and the green mountains and sparkly lakes and high-rise roads were all beautiful. We spent the afternoon in Innsbruck (where it is considerably colder than Italy and our sunburns look out of place) and next we stop briefly in Lichtenstein before spending two nights in Lucerne. We´re currently in a laundromat, having crossed town with a suitcase full of dirty clothes and navigating the "slug farm" as A2 called it--the result of rain earlier today.

5 comments:

Annie M. said...

Whoa, it must be super-humid there- your hair is SO CURLY!! I'm glad you're having such a great time and seeing so many historical sites!

ldsjaneite said...

You may have just missed my touring group! They went to Innsbruck this year. If you ever hear of Sound of America, that's us. *sigh* Miss the times.

If you make it to Salzburg, my favorite parts were looking up all the Sound of Music "Do Re Mi" sites. :-)

Brooke S. said...

Yeah for traveling! I'm so glad you are keeping this blog. Keep up the "hard" work!

EP said...

Your description of traveling from Italy to Austria is perfect. It brought back memories from when I took that drive. I loved the window boxes pouring over with blossoms and the green mountains. I missed the Italian food when I was in Austria, too. When I left Austria and went back through northern Italy I was so grateful to see vegetables again!

Laundry is an unfortunate necessity. I'm sure things will get better...but maybe not the food. :)

MBC said...

Annie--I just wear my hair curlier now too. If I don't blow it dry, it's curly.

Heidi--We really ran through Austria. Just Innsbruck.

Brooke--Thanks! Excited to read your adventures, too.

EP--Oooh, yeah, Italy kicks Austria's trash on the food front.