13 August 2009

Picture Catch Up


Kirsten and the Coordinatrix hiking to Culag Woods in Lochinver. It was so green.


The view from the lake at Culag Woods



I like to take pictures of Kirsten taking pictures. I have lots.




The Iron Bridge -- This was the first cast iron bridge and the valley where it was built was the cradle of the Industrial Revolution.

The view from the road to our B&B in Keswick


I visited the Castlerigg Stone Circle near Keswick. When we arrived, there was some sort of ceremony with hand-holding and chanting and rock hugging going on.

Sitting on some fort ruins on Hadrian's Wall. We ate our lunch here and the entire time I thought about how funny it was that I was munching a sandwich on what was once a hugely fortified military structure. Ha ha, Romans!



I've never seen tug-of-war as an event in the highland games in the States. It's surprisingly fantastic. The participants literally dig their heels into the ground and then there's a man standing to the side for each team and his job is to turn red in the face yelling for them to pull together.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh MBC, why do your photos cause me physical pain at wanting to see such things in real life?? Gorgeous.

ldsjaneite said...

What an awesome Tug-of-war! I guess it makes since for the whole iron bridge being where the Industrial Revolution started. It's pretty. As are all the other places you are visiting.