06 August 2009

Scotland's Good Too

The Coordinatrix and I made our way to Scotland on Monday. I navigated us to Hadrian's Wall by way of Gretna Green. Look at a map. That's really astonishingly bad work. All the same, we managed to find Kirsten in Edinburgh and the three of us are in the Highlands this week.

I would have sworn that when I booked our hostel on the Isle of Skye I reserved three spots in a female dorm, but we'd only been back from dinner about half an hour before the three French guys we'd just encountered in the cafe showed up in our room and started making themselves at home.

I'll post pictures of the Highland Games in Portree and the many castles and the gorgeous scenery we've been seeing, when I get to a computer that will cooperate. We've been in the car a LOT this week. The Coordinatrix has gotten very good at driving and Kirsten's friend burned us a CD with 8 hours worth of music so we could escape the tyranny of the 5 pop songs played on a continuous loop on British radio. He put three hours worth of Camera Obscura on the CD, so I'm very pleased with our new soundtrack of Scotland. Whee!

4 comments:

Alice said...

Hi....way over there in Scotland! I am so glad to hear you are having great adventures still. I just wanted to let you know that coming to Provo without you being here was just a little bit weird for me yesterday. Crazy. I guess you are cool and stuff or something. When you get back we are having a Brat party. Just thought you should know. You are nice and continue to live it up during the summer of fun! Later, Alice

ldsjaneite said...

I forgot you were going to Scotland. I have an American friend who has been living there for the last year. She's, well, a book lover. There's something in common!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I'm Heidi's friend living in Scotland! Love your pictures of Scotland. How come you are taking such a HUGE tour? Have I not made it that far down the posts yet?!

MBC said...

~Mary--Because I can!