24 September 2009

Stolen Photos

These are photos from Romania that I stole from other volunteers on my team.

This is the hotel where we lived.


Iunela is very sweet with all the babies. Whether they like it or not. Petre used to get propped up like this when he was being introduced to the concept of tummy time. It always made him look so pathetic.


This is Alina, the tiniest girl in the world. She has fetal alcohol syndrome and weighs a mere 10.5 pounds. Remarkably, she can walk and zips all over the place.


This is Alex. She has brittle bone disease. She's a great fan of magazine reading.


I think Iunela looks hilarious when she wears this little outfit.


Andrei is not a solemn kid, but he always looks solemn in pictures.


If he had his way, Andrei would be snuggled up like this all the time.
I look like a dentist when I wear this particular scrub top.


This is the preschool teacher who comes to the hospital in the afternoons and works with the older kids. She is so fantastic at her job. I learned to count to 4 in Romanian by being on the playground with her. When I told her that (through an interpreter) at our going away party, she told me that next year I can come back and she'll teach me the rest of my numbers.

No comments: