04 September 2009

These Pictures are Lame

I can never see the pictures I upload until they're actually on the blog. I don't like these ones, but it just took me 20 minutes to upload them (delaying Turkish Bath time), so they're staying.

This is a courtyard in Topkapi Palace. The weird spots to the right are water droplets spraying from the fountain in the center.

This is the interior of the Hagia Sophia. It's so huge and stunning. No picture could really do it justice.

This is an area called Pammukale. It's a series of pools created from calcium deposits. Pammukale means cotton castle.


From a Hittite Frieze




Mosaic from Chora Church. This Byzantine church has amazing (I need a thesaurus--everything is amazing, beautiful, stunning) mosaics. When the Ottomans came into power, they transformed the church into a mosque. They simply whitewashed over the mosaics and frescoes, preserving them until the mosque became a museum.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I didn't think these pictures were lame at all! Although I'm sure you have many more that I hope to see sometime!

ldsjaneite said...

How about marvelous, magnificent, fantastic, awesome, and (my favorite) fantabulous? :-)

I was curious if that calcium deposit place had any kind of smell to it?